Hello loyal members and friends of the Bellingham Metal Arts Guild,
As of last week Whatcom County was approved for Phase 2 of Washington States Phased Approach, and we have been working hard behind the scenes these last months to ensure that we can safely open we were able to do so. The time has finally come and we are pleased to announce that we will again be offering classes and studio usage. However, for everyone’s safety, things will be a bit different than previous. Here are some guidelines for using the studio and taking classes:
- If you are sick, please stay home!
- While in the studio, you must wear a mask
- Maintain 6 feet of distance between yourself and others (we have set up a camera and video screen to allow you to watch what the instructor is doing from the comfort of your bench! See pictures below)
- Wash hands frequently
- No more than 5 people in the studio at any one time (Class sizes are limited to 4 participants with 1 instructor)
- Do not share tools with others unless they have been properly disinfected
- We have set up a disinfecting station for the tools. When you are finished using a tool for the day you will set the tool at the station. At the end of class the host/instructor will disinfect these tools for use in the next class.
The safety of everyone in the studio has always been a priority at BMAG, and of course it is still mandatory to wear other PPE as needed: eye protection, gloves, closed toed shoes, aprons, etc. More in depth details will be provided during class, and if you have any questions don’t hesitate to ask!
We also want to remind you that BMAG is a non-profit that relies entirely on it’s membership and patrons to continue operating. Our classes have always been the main source of income, and since we have had to close for so long and are currently operating at limited capacity we are in a difficult situation financially. Here are a few ways that you can support us if you are able:
- Take classes at the studio if you’re comfortable and able
- Renew your membership
- Shop at AmazonSmile and support BMAG with a portion of your purchases (directions here)
- Make a donation
- Volunteer your time / skills to the guild and help us spread the good word
Thank you so much for your continued support! We look forward to creating together again soon.