The Bellingham Metal Arts Guild needs a new home!
Our current location does not have enough space to allow for the use of all the equipment that is currently available, let alone room for BMAG to grow to its full potential. As a result, we need a motivated and enthusiastic member to spearhead our search for a new home. Ideally, this space will accommodate a larger classroom and a fully furnished studio. The Bellingham Metal Arts Guild should be a space for all the metal arts.
Space allocation and room layout requires careful consideration towards safety and utility. A studio needs to be large enough to allow members to work side by side without getting in one another’s way. Additionally, the current class size is limited to 7 participants due to limited space. We want to increase class size to a minimum of 10 students to fully take advantage of the wealth of experience our instructors have acquired throughout their careers. Our instructors are all practicing professionals in the areas they instruct. We would like to increase the opportunities for our students to learn from these experts. Additionally, we want to start inviting guest instructors to our studio to share their expertise. In order to continue offering this high quality instruction at affordable prices we need to increase class sizes. Our new space must address these issues.
- The Chair of this special committee will lead this search for a new location.
- Find a space that works as a classroom and a member’s studio.
- Plan for long-term growth of BMAG.
- Present to potential property owners the needs of BMAG for a new location.
- Outline the benefits to the property owner for providing space to BMAG.
- Reach out to contacts in the Bellingham area, such as realtors, that will lead to the successful move of BMAG to a better location.
- Recruit additional committee members to assist in the search.